Buy Scrap PV Solar Panel Modules
Buy Scrap PV Solar Panel Modules
In the United States, there were 2 million solar panel installations in the early 2000s. With a lifespan of 30 years or more, these solar panels will reach end of life status soon. Consequently, one of the best solutions is to take your expired electronics to recycling centers that buy scrap PV solar panel modules.
A solar panel converts the sun’s ray into electricity by transferring electrons in silicon cells using the photons of light from the sun. Furthermore, they are a sustainable source of energy, rely only on solar radiation, and provide electricity to homes and businesses. However, these panels cannot last forever, and will eventually stop working proficiently. Solar panels contain toxic metals, so they need to be recycled properly. In addition, they contain lead and cadmium which can cause cancer or problems with the human nervous system.
On the other hand, these components increase the value to buy scrap PV solar panel modules: glass, polymer, aluminum, silicon, copper, small amounts of silver, tin, and lead
How to Recycle Solar Panels
Recycling solar panels is simple with Interco. Additionally, the company will buy scrap PV solar panel modules for recycling. We process more than 1,000 tons of solar panel modules each month. Furthermore, we recycle solar panels based on their type.
Because there are two different types of solar panels, there are two distinct methods to recycling:
Silicon Based Solar Panel Recycling
- Recycling silicon-based solar panels begins with the dismantling of the panels. This process separates its aluminum and glass. Both materials are individually recyclable.
- Then, they subject the rest of the modules to a temperature of 500◦ Celsius. This takes place in a thermal processing unit to ease the bonds between the cell elements.
- After the application of heat, the plastic evaporates, leaving the silicon cells for processing.
- Next, the melting process splits up the hardware which is 80% reusable.
- As a result, material is ready for use in the new silicon modules.
Thin-Film Based Solar Panel Recycling
- Recycling solar panels of this type speeds up the process. It completes the process faster and more drastically.
- Machines shred the thin film-based panels from the mill the material. This ensures all particles are approximately 4-5 mm in size.
- Unlike silicon-based panels, a rotating screw separates the remaining solid and liquid materials.
- Consequently, the process purifies liquids through precipitation. It also separates them from the semiconductor materials through a metal processor.
- Recyclers remove the contaminated solid materials containing inter-layer materials. Furthermore, a vibrating surface separates these materials.
- Approximately 90% of these materials are reintroduced. Most can be used in the re-manufacturing processes.
Recycling centers buy scrap PV solar panel modules to keep the material out of landfills. So, when a company decides to work with a recycling center, they will be doing their part to help reduce landfills, protect natural resources, and reduce overall pollution.
Interco is a global recycling company providing metals, computers, and electronics recycling services to industrial, dealer, and government organizations throughout the western hemisphere. The company specializes in the placement of smelter-ready materials throughout the world utilizing established partnerships with end consumers in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
In addition, the recycling center offers creative solutions, competitive pricing, and quality service throughout the supply chain. The company has been an industry leader providing metals, computers, and electronics recycling services with a focused track record of innovation and integrity since 1996.
Interco, as an ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Assessment Series Management System certified company, recognizes and manages potential health and safety risks throughout the company and the diverging supply chain. Moreover, the ISO 45001 standard is internationally accepted as the highest standard of health and safety management in existence.
We are within proximity to four major interstates (I-44, I-55, I-64, and I-70) while offering a convenient delivery location centrally located just across the Mississippi River from St. Louis, Missouri in Madison, Illinois, intersecting all the Midwest and Central USA.
Finally, the company was one of the very first certified R2:2013 recyclers in the world.
Interco Buys Scrap PV Solar Panel Modules
The solar panels that were installed in the early 2000s, will reach their expiration date soon. Companies will need to plan on how to deal with the scrap piles building up. Therefore, working with a recycling center that does buy scrap PV solar panel modules, will decrease scrap piles for companies. Companies will not need to store the old solar panels and waste time and money. The companies will also not need to worry about the dangers of improper recycling, as Interco will take care of it safely. Lastly, to learn more about a recycling center that does buy scrap PV solar panel modules, click here.