Electrical Vehicle Battery Scrap
Recycling EV Battery Scrap
What are EV Batteries?
EV batteries are a lithium based rechargeable battery that contain nickel, cobalt and copper. Recycling EV batteries helps protects the environment by reusing their valuable materials and diminishing pollution. Also, there is potential to make a profit by selling scrap EV batteries to recycling services like Interco. To make new EV batteries, it is important that people sell EV batteries to professional recyclers. It is also possible to purchase EV batteries from Interco to power vehicles. EV batteries are the main power source of:
- Electric vehicles
- Solar power storage
- Emergency power backups (UPS)
- Power tools
Eventually, these batteries wear down and consumers must replace them. This is typically due to aging, overuse and overcharging. As a result, EV battery recycling companies come into the picture.
However, it is also important to comprehend the EV battery recycling process.
The EV Battery Recycling Process
In order to obtain the valuable reusable materials of EV batteries, there are several steps to follow:
- First, recycling companies buy or sell scrap EV batteries. As a result, these recycling companies get cobalt, nickel and copper.
- Then, the batteries are deactivated. This happens before the process begins.
- After this, the EV batteries are placed in a specialized, oxygen-free room.
- Subsequently, the recycler begins the process of extracting metals from their ores (hydrometallurgy).
- Next, the process of using aqueous solutions to extract metal from other metal bearing materials (leaching) occurs.
- Furthermore, the recycler separates the battery components into three different categories. These categories are cobalt, steel and aluminum, copper and plastic.
- Finally, companies then sell these recycled materials.
So, why is EV battery recycling important?
The Importance of EV Battery Recycling
Recycling EV batteries helps the environment by reusing materials and diminishing pollution. Some of the valuable, reusable materials that EV batteries contain include: nickel, cobalt, and copper
These materials are scarce and can make numerous items and products including more EV batteries. Also, this ultimately leads to less of a landfill population causing decrease in pollution. There is even an opportunity to make a profit by selling scrap EV batteries to EV battery recycling companies like Interco.
Additionally, there has been a push by people, governments and organizations for a greener world. A great way to take a step in the right direction is to recycle EV batteries.
Overall, EV batteries contain an abundance of valuable and reusable materials including copper, cobalt and nickel. Recycling EC batteries helps to reuse these materials, diminish pollution and offers the chance of earning a potential profit. EV battery recycling companies even sell EV batteries in case people are interested in using them on their own.
If you are interested in EV battery recycling or selling/buying EV batteries, click here to contact Interco.