Scale House Operator
Interco is a global recycling company headquartered on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in Madison. The company has been an industry leader providing metals, computers and electronics recycling services with a focused track record of innovation and integrity in since 1996.
The 400,000+ sqft. Interco Metaltronics recycling facility is comprised of five buildings on more than 40 acres centrally located on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in the shadows of the Gateway Arch. The facility boasts a 145,000 sqft. processing plant dedicated to the processing of computers, electronics, and batteries with the remainder of the indoor facility used for the processing of nonferrous industrial metals.
The company specializes in the placement of smelter-ready materials catering to commercial, industrial, dealer, and government organizations nationwide. Interco ships nonferrous and electronics scrap worldwide utilizing established partnerships with end consumers in the United States, Europe, South America and Asia.
The Interco team — consisting of commercial, logistics, administrative, and operations departments — delivers innovative solutions, competitive pricing, and quality service throughout the supply chain.
The Scale House Operator works as part of the Operations department and is responsible for weighing inbound loads loads, operating inbound and outbound scales, and directing drivers to appropriate areas for unloading. This position requires a person with the ability to collect and review bills of lading and transportation manifests, record information in a computerized weighing system, run reports, and verify drivers’ paperwork for accuracy.
The Scale House Operator must communicate with fellow staff members and direct inbound trucks to the appropriate unloading areas. The position requires a person who can function at a high level with minimal supervision. The Scale House Operator must have a positive attitude and maintain professionalism at all times.
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator and multi-tasker who is adaptable, resilient, and eager to attack unfamiliar problems with curiosity and a bias for action. The position requires someone who is detail-oriented with good time-management and organizational skills. This person must communicate well with visitors and staff members.
- Operate inbound scale to determine weight and direct trucks to appropriate unloading areas
- Check and verify all information on the driver’s paperwork for accuracy
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive documentation of all inbound and outbound scale transactions
- Scan bills of lading and other driver paperwork into company ERP system and transmit as needed
- Maintain a cordial relationship with drivers and fellow employees
- Keep accurate daily records of scale operations as required
- Communicate safety requirements and un/loading procedures to drivers
- Responsible for driver communications and enforcing all receiving and safety policies in a professional manner
- Complete incident reports for truck damage when it occurs
- Preserve order and housekeeping of scales and scale house
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to interface with vendors and employees
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Basic mathematical skills
- Proficient with computer skills
- Must be able to demonstrate on-time attendance, dependability, and consistency
- Must be naturally driven to produce high quality results with great care
- Desire to put the company’s needs first and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Experience working with ERP and/or CRM preferred
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Forklift experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus, but not required
- Very competitive salary and compensation package
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, Vision
- 100% Company-paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability plus a $25K life insurance policy for all employees.
- Accelerated paid Vacation time plus our facility is closed from Christmas Eve Day – New Year’s Day employees receive their regular rate of compensation during this time.
- 401(k) with generous company match after one year
- Salary plus annual performance review and bonus
As a matter of company policy, Interco does not sponsor employment visas or hire from out of the USA nor do the company sponsor candidates who do not currently reside within the USA without an existing H-1B visa.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that will be required. Interco reserves the right to modify this job description at any time, including assigning or reassigning job duties or eliminating this position at any time.
Work remotely: No
Candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.