ITAD Recycling: What is It?
ITAD (information technology asset disposition) recycling is the process of discarding IT products. ITAD Recycling has a great deal of environmental benefits. Some of these include reducing space in landfills, preventing solid waste, protecting natural resources and several more. Regardless, this is just one of the numerous recycling services Interco offers. As a rule, Interco will even buy scrap gadgets to recycle them appropriately. Now that ITAD Recycling itself has been examined, it is critical to be familiar with the recycling process. A large portion of ITAD involves safely disposing of computer and laptop parts. Some of these include:
- Hard drives
- Computer wires
- Power supplies
- Circuit boards
- Insulated wires
However, it can also include cell phones and other telecom equipment.
How to Recycle ITAD
To achieve the environmental benefits of ITAD recycling, one must understand how exactly to recycle these materials. This process consists of:
- First, collecting eScrap from different sources.
- Then, sorting the material into different categories
- After this, testing the material to see if it can be reused.
- Furthermore, breaking the materials down into individual components. Functional materials are typically sold to second-hand resellers.
- Next, the recyclers erase the data by destroying hard drives to make sure the data cannot be accessed.
- Subsequently, the recycler shreds the materials and sorts the debris for any valuable components.
- Finally, the reusable materials are sent to secondary recyclers who make useful products out of these materials.
However, now that the ITAD recycling process has been talked about, one must comprehend why this is important to the environment.
The Importance of ITAD Recycling
ITAD recycling has a large number of environmental benefits. Recycling ITAD…
- Reuses valuable materials
- Reduces space in landfills
- Prevents toxic chemical leaks
- Reduces solid waste
- Protects natural resources
- Reduces pollution
- Creates jobs
Also, some of the valuable reusable materials includes precious metals, lead, cadmium, mercury, silicon and more. Reusing these materials helps to make other important items, rescues space in landfills, and reduces solid waste.
Additionally, the eScrap materials contain toxic chemical that can harm the environment. Hence, recycling eScrap prevents this from happening and protects natural resources while doing so. Consequently, all of these benefits lead to less overall pollution.
Also, jobs are created since more people are needed to recycle IT equipment. However, the more materials that come in for recycling, the more people Interco will need to hire to get the job done.
Overall, ITAD includes a number of materials including servers, hard drives, computer wires and more. With an abundance of technology being used, more scrap IT equipment is produced. So, the more opportunities there are to recycle IT equipment, the more this will benefit the environment. These environmental benefits include reusing valuable materials, protecting natural resources, reducing pollution and more.
ITAD recycling is just one of several recycling services Interco offers. Interco offers even more services where they will pay for your used scrap to recycle it.
If you are interested in learning more about how to recycle IT equipment, click here to contact Interco.