Where to find a Scrap PV Solar Panel Modules Processing Facility?
Solar panels contribute to the earth’s sustainable development. Solar-powered photovoltaic (PV) panels convert the sun’s beams into electricity by transferring electrons in silicon cells using the photons of light. They only rely on solar radiation and are capable of delivering electricity to homes and businesses. Eventually, these products are in need of a scrap PV solar panel modules processing facility.
In the early 2000s, the use of solar panels grew tremendously. In the United States alone, there were over 2 million installations of solar panels. In Europe alone, more than 4-million solar panels provide regular electricity. Solar panels have an average lifespan of 30 years, but then they fail to work properly. So, the solar panels that were installed 20 years ago, will soon reach the end of their lives. With such a high number of solar panels in use, scrap piles will build up quickly. Interco recycles them of course.
Why work with a Scrap PV Solar Panel Modules Processing Facility?
So, what should you do with your scrap solar panels after they reach the end of their lives? You should sell them to a scrap PV solar panel modules processing facility. Recycling solar panels can reduce what goes to the landfill, reduce waste, and save on energy used to produce materials.
Through recycling, recycling centers are able to recover over 80 percent of a crystalline silicon unit from each solar panel. They can also recycle other components like electric junction boxes, glass and plastic, and aluminum frames and brackets.
Companies that work with solar panels may question, “Where do I find a scrap PV solar panel modules processing facility?” A USA solar panel recycling company must have the appropriate expertise and credentials to recycle the material. A good place to start your research might be the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) website.
This trade association “embodies the innovation and entrepreneurship that defines solar energy.” SEIA members represent North America’s top solar panel installers, decommissioning companies, and recycling companies. Membership experiences significant growth. Increase social awareness to the importance of recycling solar panels as well as safety.
This association focuses on the global trade and environmental impacts of these technologies as a key element of growth.
Companies should work with a scrap PV solar panel modules processing facility. Recycling solar panels need to be done properly. If solar panels end up in landfills, they will be causing additional problems. Lead and cadmium are two of the toxic metals in solar panels. If these metals go to the landfill and leak into our drinking water, they could cause problems with the human nervous system or they could cause cancer. Working with a scrap PV solar panel modules processing facility guarantees proper recycling of solar panels. As a result, it also makes recycling solar panels simple.
About Interco – A Scrap PV Solar Panel Modules Processing Facility
Interco is a global recycling company providing metals, computers, and electronics recycling services to the industrial, dealer, and government organizations throughout the western hemisphere. The company specializes in the placement of smelter-ready materials throughout the world utilizing established partnerships with end consumers in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Most noteworthy, like computers and electronics recycling the processing of solar panels is considered a subcategory of eWaste recycling grows faster than ever. The importance of recycling solar panels increases more important everyday. Interco is a leader in solar panel recycling in the United States. Interco recycles solar panels from across North America and has done business with eScrap recycling since founded in 1996. Even solar panels from the Caribbean find their way to Interco for recycling. Interco often handles the domestic and international logistics services and recycles solar panels from Hawaii as well.
Types of Solar Panels and Their Respective Recycling Processes
The company processes more than 1,000 tons of scrap solar panel modules each month. We recycle solar panels based on their type. Furthermore, the two main types of solar panels are silicon-based and thin-film based panels. As a result, there are two different methods of recycling solar panels:
Silicon-Based Solar Panel Recycling
- Recycling silicon-based solar panels begin with the dismantling of the panels. Thus, this process separates its aluminum and glass. Both materials are individually recyclable.
- Then, they subject the rest of the modules to a temperature of 500◦ Celsius. This takes place in a thermal processing unit to ease the bonds between the cell elements.
- Once the heat is applied, the plastic evaporates. This leaves the silicon cells for processing.
- After the heat treatment, the melting process separates the hardware. They separate the hardware, which is 80 percent reusable, from the silicon particles.
- As a result, the material is ready for use in the new silicon modules.
Thin-Film Based Solar Panel Recycling
- Recycling solar panels of this typing speed up the process. Therefore, it completes the process faster and more drastically.
- Machines shred the thin film-based panels from the mill the material. This ensures all particles are approximately 4-5 mm in size.
- Unlike silicon-based panels, a rotating screw separates the remaining solid and liquid materials.
- Consequently, the process purifies liquids through precipitation. In fact, it also separates them from the semiconductor materials through a metal processor.
- Recyclers remove the contaminated solid materials containing inter-layer materials. Furthermore, a vibrating surface separates these materials.
- Approximately 90% of these materials are reintroduced. Most can be used in the re-manufacturing processes.
Without recycling, these scrap solar panels will cause more landfills and put the surrounding area in danger. Consequently, using a scrap PV solar panel modules processing facility eliminates this threat.
Overall, solar panels are going to reach the end of life status soon at a high volume. Companies will need to make a decision on how to deal with it. Working with Interco makes recycling solar panels painless. To learn more about a scrap PV solar panel modules processing facility, click here.